When we were Norwoodians (we are making that a thing), Baba was our go-to Indian joint. We were happy to return to our old stomping ground for lunch and a review with an old friend.
When we arrived, we were quickly greeted by a smiling face and swiftly ushered to a table, waters were filled and two Diet Cokes were requested…but only one came.
The dining room is clean, but outdated. Some work is need on the ceiling and walls but it doesn’t feel dirty. This isn’t for a first date…this is a long term relationship kind of place.
The buffet was as we remembered it, full and fresh. This place is always hopping, so the food doesn’t ever go cold or stale on the bar.
- Tandoori wings packed a flavorful punch.
- The Curry Chicken wasn’t spicy enough because it’s made for the masses but the meat was tender and moist.
- The Aloo Bell Pepper had a lovely flavor and texture.
- The first round of naan was uncharacteristically cold. The Onion Naan had very little distinguishing flavor.
- The Saag option was chicken, making it more dry than the average Paneer.
- They have Gajar Halwa. Lucy and our company thought it was great!
All in all, this is a pretty decent place but not our all-time favorite. It’s consistently good and you wouldn’t regret a trip.
Here are the ratings:
Two thumbs up! She’s turning out to be an easy customer.
Total Score: 70.5/100
If you go:
- They have a lunch and dinner buffet everyday.
- They are open daily.
- They close between lunch and dinner.
- They have a full bar.